My TOP TEN FAVORITE REO SONGS LIST
What can I say? I LOVE REO. Always have and probably always will. Throughout my youth I cruised many a country road in Macoupin county singing along with kevin Cronin and laughing with buddies only to interrupt the conversation by holding up my hand and saying “hold on this is the good part” before the chorus would come on.
I thought I would compile my list of fave songs out of the dozens I could have chosen. So here goes
10. SOMEONE TONIGHT from Hi infidelity. A great song that is easy to sing along with and includes the Rock Stutter that so many great songs possess.
9. TOUGH GUYS again from Hi infidelity this song had me from the first Alfalfa and Spanky intro. Easy to sing along with and memorable though simple lyrics
8. EASY MONEY from Nine Lives it was one of the first songs I played when I got the album. Unfortunately the song didn’t hold up over time but still a fun song
7. CAN’T FIGHT THIS FEELING I was in college and trying to not fool around on my girlfriend back home. That didn’t work out so well and this song was partially responsible for the very fun times I had in the dorm room.
6. 157 RIVERSIDE AVENUE one of the greatest cuts from a live album ever. How can you not sing along as Kevin Cronin does his doo doo doo do do do do do in the back and forth with Richrath on guitar
5. TIME FOR ME TO FLY I once found out I was getting fired the day before it happened and of course I had to play this song as my last song on what I knew was gonna be my final shift
4. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE This is one of the first songs I played in my first band Illusion. Great memories with this one. I still remember all the lyrics.
3. RIDIN THE STORM OUT (live version) its got to be the live version. It is the first REO song I fell in love with
2. LIKE YOU DO once again the live version is the best version of this song. I still like women who cross their legs when they sit down at the table.
1. ROLL WITH THE CHANGES not only the best REO songs but one of the best classic rock songs of all time. In my top 20 all time song list.