Elton John has appendix removed

Elton John has appendix removed

Elton John is "recovering well" after undergoing an operation to have his appendix removed. Photo: WENN

Elton John is “recovering well” after undergoing an operation to have his appendix removed, according to his publicist.

The “Rocket Man” hitmaker had the procedure done at the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco on Thursday and is believed to be recuperating at his home in Nice, France.

The 66-year-old singer was struck down with appendicitis while on his latest tour, prompting him to postpone the remaining dates of his European tour this summer.

Last month, the star admitted he had risked death by performing concerts while unknowingly battling appendicitis.

He told Britain’s The Sun, “I’m lucky to be alive. I was a ticking time bomb. I guess I could have died at any time. I feel so lucky and so grateful to be alive. I played nine gigs and the White Tie and Tiara Summer Ball in agony.”

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.

in Music

WATCH: Keith Richards on ‘Crosseyed Heart’ and getting the Stones back in the studio


The Rolling Stones guitarist talks about the overwhelmingly positive response to his third solo album, and getting the Stones back in the studio for the first time in a decade.